Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Heart full of sadness...

For some reason today, all I can think about is the passing of my father last year.  Although he had Alzheimer's and had been in and out of knowing me for the last couple of years, up till the point where he couldn't eat, he was still cracking jokes and being funny.

I have come to the conclusion that Alzheimer's is probably one of THE worst diseases to have come down with.  To lose all your memories, happy and sad, to not recognize the people around you, is truly a horrible horrible thing.

I miss my dad.  I still remember about a year and a half ago, taking him around the block on my motorcycle.  The excitement, and a bit of fear he had, and the very big smile on his face, I will never forget.

I miss you pappy...  You'll always be in my heart.  And I promise to take care of mom forever...

No comments: